Authorised Person –
Our client is a leading Data Centre Construction company with an impressive track record of delivering exceptional projects throughout Europe. Our team is committed to excellence and safety, ensuring our clients receive the best solutions for their needs.They are a prominent company specializing in Data Centre Construction, providing comprehensive turnkey solutions to clients across Europe.
Role and Responsibilities As an Authorized Person – Electrical, you will play a vital role in overseeing the safe execution of electrical works on our prestigious projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging early in the project with the Site Management team to implement the Electrical Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Ensuring all personnel are well-informed about and adhere to the Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
- Issuing and controlling permits for energized working activities within the scope of work.
- Reviewing and extracting project-specific requirements from specifications and drawings.
- Strictly adhering to operational procedures and High Voltage Safety Rules.
- Interpreting basic electrical protection under fault conditions.
- Completing safety documents and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Coordinating with specialist Testing & Commissioning contractors to establish commissioning sequences and test scripts.
- Collaborating with Control System providers (Scada/BMS/EMS, etc.) for system handover under permit control schedule and protocols.
- Supporting the initial start-up and energization of equipment following the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work plan for MV/LV Systems.
- Overseeing specific tests and ensuring all documentation complies with regulations and project specifications.
- Ensuring that pre- and post-energization testing & commissioning tagging activities are witnessed and accepted by relevant parties.
- Identifying and ensuring the availability of the correct test equipment, calibrated for use.
Requirements: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- Relevant 3rd level certificates in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, or an Electrical Trade with relevant training and experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment, including Commercial, Industrial, pharma, and data centre projects.
- Experience working on MV/HV systems and Electrical Testing & Verification.
- A strong understanding of construction and safety requirements.
- Proficient analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes.
- Excellent comprehension and interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions, and Data Sheets.
- Proficiency in earthing arrangements and configurations, Busbar, busway systems, and interlocking of secondary energy sources.
- Knowledge of discrimination study application for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
- Familiarity with FAT/SAT reporting for Electrical Switchgear philosophy and appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations.
- Good understanding of control systems such as Scada/BMS/EMS, narrating LV/MV switching plans, and carrying out switching and isolating of Medium Voltage Systems.
- Experience in managing energization/start-up of systems, including working on live systems.